The IR-200S IrDA Serial Adapter enables wireless data communications by connecting the IrDA adapter to the onboard serial port of your desktop computer. The adapter provides reliable and instant wireless connectivity between desktop computer and IrDA compliant moble peripheral devices including notebooks, PDAs, handheld and pocket PCs (Palm OS or Windows CE), digital cameras, cellular phones, printers, etc. The IrDA Serial Adapter provides record synchronization, file back-up and network access.
The IrDA Serial Adapter provides a simple way to add an infrared port to your desktop computer. The Adapter connects directly to your computer's RS-232 (DB-9) serial port. It allows the desktop PC without an infrared port to connect to numerous infrared devices. It is powered by the RS-232 port, and no external power adapter is required. The IR-200S is with a metal base that allows the Adapter to sit firmly on your table. The adjustable IrDA panel design allows you to beam the data from your mobile devices in different angles and directions.
The Adapter offers a convenient solution to enable existing non-IrDA-enabled PCs to communicate with a world of applications and devices. Windows 98, 98 SE, ME, 2000 & XP drivers are included.
Features & Specifications:
- Provides an infrared port to your PC
- Attaches to the onboard serial port
- Supports IrDA communication standards
- Supports SIR up to 115.2 bps
- Supports SIR at 9.6K, 19.2K, 38.4K, 57.6K & 115.2K bps.
- Operates up to 3 feet (1 meter) away
- Works with IrDA equipped devices
- No external power required
- Easy to use Infrared Transfer
- Includes Windows 98, 98 SE, ME, 2000 & XP drivers.